Security Management Systems (SeMS) in Airlines
Purpose of the course
Learn the essentials of industry’s SeMS initiative and how it can make your organization IOSA compliant. The course provides a structured approach to security process implementation and equips participants with tools to build a SeMS that produces measurable and auditable results.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
• Understand the structure and components of the SeMS
• Plan an organizational structure in terms of security responsibilities
• Integrate SeMS procedures into your operations
• Build awareness and a security-oriented culture throughout your organization
• This course is conducted virtual and delivered in English by an official AFRAA Instructor.
• Participant performance will be based on an assessment
• The course duration is 5 days (40 hours)
• There are no prerequisites for this course
• The recommended level of English language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4
This course is recommended for all staff with Avsec responsibilities, including:
• Experienced screening staff
• Airline Operational staff
• Civil aviation authority representatives
• Airline Managers
• Airport Managers
• Law enforcement and other government personnel
An AFRAA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.