The African Airlines Association (AFRAA) and Air Senegal concluded the 54th Annual General Assembly (AGA) in Dakar, Senegal. The event was held under the High Patronage of the Government of Senegal.
The Assembly, which brought together 456 delegates from 42 countries under the theme “Acing the Roadmap to Sustainable African Aviation”, called upon African airlines and air transport stakeholders to act on initiatives and
strategies that will drive the sustainability of the air transport sector to realise its potential. Among others, these include: the Air Transport Sustainability Roadmap, the effective implementation of the Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM), the Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), and the Free Movement Protocol.
- Speech by AFRAA Secretary General
- Speech on behalf of AfCFTA Secretary General
- Speech by ANACIM Director General
- Speech on behalf of ICAO WACAF DG
1. Annual Report of the Secretary General
2. Presentation by Airbus: Decarbonization – Why and How?
3. Executive interview session 1 – Environment: The path for African Air Transport industry to achieve net zero emissions by 2050
4. Executive interview session 2 – Optimization of traffic and trade opportunities
5. Presentation 2 – Right-Skilling strategies and initiatives to meet aviation’s current and future human resource needs
6. Panel 2 – Powering the future of Travel through innovation
Event Press Release
The Event Press Release can be downloaded from this link: AFRAA Concludes its 54th Annual General Assembly with Emphasis on Concerted Actions to Drive Air Transport Industry Sustainability
The photos from the event can be viewed from this link: The 54th AFRAA AGA Photos