HUMAN FACTORS IN AVIATION
Purpose of the Course:
To Equip Participants With Essential Knowledge, Attitudes and Skills in Human Factors in Aviation
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Define the term “Human Factors” without notes
- Identify some of the well-known accidents and incidents contributing to “Human factors”
- Grasp the concept of “Safety Culture” its key elements and significance.
- List different types of errors, their implications and how to avoid and manage them.
- Recognize the effect of physical and environmental factors on human performance and how vision and visual limitations affect the job.
- Appreciate the concept of Motivation and how to manage workload and stress
- Contemplate health and safety guidance concerning hazards in the workplace
- Ascertain the importance of effective decision making, professionalism, integrity and personal responsibility
- Determine the significance of reporting incidents, accidents and errors at the workplace
- State the importance of Communication and Teamwork at a workstation
This course is open to Aviation Staff